- Role: Provides scientific advice & communicates on existing & emerging risks associated with the food chain
- Director: Bernhard Url
- Established in: 2002
- Number of staff: 435
- Location: Parma (Italy)
- Website: EFSA
What does EFSA do?
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) provides independent scientific advice on food-related risks.
EFSA issues advice on existing and emerging food risks. This advice informs European laws, rules and policymaking – and so helps protect consumers from risks in the food chain. Its remit covers:
- food and feed safety
- animal health and welfare
- plant protection
- plant health.
EFSA’s work involves:
- gathering scientific data and expertise
- providing independent, up-to-date scientific advice on food safety issues
- communicating its scientific work to the public
- cooperating with EU countries, international bodies, and other stakeholders
- boosting trust in the EU’s food safety system by providing dependable advice.
- European consumers – among the best protected and informed in the world about food chain risks
- EU institutions and national governments in charge of managing public health issues and authorising the use of food and feed products.
- Название /// Ф.И.О
- European Food Safety Authority
- Номер телефона
- +39 0521 036 111
- Номер факса
- +39 0521 036 110
- Почтовый адрес
- Via Carlo Magno 1A, 43126 Parma PR, Italy
- Социальные сети