- Role: To provide factual, objective, reliable and comparable information on drugs and drug addiction.
- Director: Alexis Goosdeel (Belgium)
- Established in: 1993
- Number of staff: 100
- Location: Lisbon (Portugal)
- Website: European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction
The EMCDDA provides the EU and its member states with factual, objective, reliable and comparable information at European level on drugs and drug addiction and their consequences. It aims to provide evidence to inform policymaking and guide initiatives to tackle drugs.
What it does
- monitors the drugs problem in Europe (including emerging trends)
- monitors solutions applied to drug-related problems
- provides information on best practice in EU countries and encourages them to share it
- assesses the risks of new psychoactive substances
- runs an early warning system on new psychoactive substances
- develops tools and instruments to help EU member states monitor and evaluate their national policies and the European Commission to monitor and evaluate EU policies.
- policymakers, including national authorities and EU institutions’ representatives
- scientists and researchers
- international organisations
- the public.
To remain policy-relevant, the EMCDDA is moving from an information-centred model to a service-oriented one that provides analysis tailored to the needs of the bodies it advises.
- Название /// Ф.И.О
- European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction
- Адрес эл. почты
- Номер телефона
- +351 21 121 02 00
- Номер факса
- +351 21 121 03 80
- Почтовый адрес
- Praça Europa 1, Cais do Sodré, 1249-289 Lisboa, Portugal
- Социальные сети