- Role: to improve investor protection and promote stable, orderly financial markets
- Chair: Verena Ross
- Executive Director: Natasha Cazenave
- Members: National authorities responsible for securities markets in each EU country.
- Non-voting members: European Banking Authority (EBA), European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority (EIOPA), European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB), European Commission (EC), Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway
- Established in: 2011
- Number of staff: 308
- Location: Paris (France)
- Website: ESMA
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) is an independent EU authority whose purpose is to improve investor protection and promote stable, orderly financial markets.
What does ESMA do?
It has 3 objectives:
- Investor protection - to make sure that financial consumers' needs are better served and to strengthen their rights as investors, while also acknowledging their responsibilities
- Orderly markets - to promote the integrity, transparency, efficiency and proper functioning of financial markets and robust market infrastructure
- Financial stability - to strengthen the financial system so it can withstand shocks and the unravelling of financial imbalances, and to encourage economic growth.
ESMA is also responsible for coordinating measures taken by securities supervisors or adopting emergency measures when a crisis situation arises.
The following areas and stakeholders:
- the economy
- the general public
- securities markets regulators
- the financial services industry
- retail and institutional investors and consumers
- financial services providers
- users of financial markets
- Название /// Ф.И.О
- The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA)
- Номер телефона
- +33 1 58 36 43 21
- Номер факса
- +33 1 58 36 43 30
- Почтовый адрес
- 201-203 Rue de Bercy, 75012 Paris, France
- Социальные сети