- Role: Developing a World Class Supercomputing Ecosystem by pooling the resources of the European Union, European countries and private partners
- Executive Director: Anders Dam Jensen
- Set up: 2020
- Number of staff: 15
- Location: Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Website: European High Performance Computing Joint Undertaking
What it does
The EuroHPC JU allows the European Union, its participating countries and private partners to coordinate their efforts and pool their resources to make Europe a world leader in supercomputing.
This will boost Europe's scientific excellence and industrial strength, support the digital transformation of its economy and ensure technological sovereignty for the continent.
More precisely, the EuroHPC JU aims to:
- develop, deploy, extend and maintain in the EU a world-leading federated, secure and hyper-connected supercomputing, quantum computing, service and data infrastructure ecosystem
- support the development of a demand-oriented, user-driven supercomputing system, based on a supply chain that will guarantee the provision of the related components, technologies and knowledge, thereby limiting the risk of disruption
- develop a wide range of applications optimised for these systems
- widen the use of this supercomputing infrastructure to a large number of public and private users
- support the development of key skills in high-performance computing in European science and industry.
Supercomputing has many useful applications, such as:
- medical research, discovering new drugs, developing and targeting medical therapies for patients’ individual needs and conditions
- anticipating severe weather conditions and monitoring climate change
- fighting cybercrime (phishing, identity theft, etc.)
- increasing cybersecurity, in particular for protecting critical infrastructure (utilities, etc.).
Supercomputers allow for increased innovation and scaled-up higher value products and services in industrial sectors, while minimising costs, reducing production cycles and improving efficiency. This paves the way for safer and greener technologies in industry.
Science and research
Supercomputing is at the heart of the digital transformation in science, enabling deeper scientific understanding and breakthroughs in nearly every scientific field, such as:
- fundamental physics (advancing the frontiers of our knowledge of matter, exploring the universe)
- material sciences (e.g. designing new critical components for the pharmaceutical or energy sectors)
- earth science (modelling atmospheric and oceanic phenomena at planetary level).
- European High Performance Computing Joint Undertaking (EuroHPC JU)
- Номер телефона
- (+352) 28 12 45 00
- Поштова адреса
- Drosbach Building (DRB) - Wing E – 1st floor, 12E rue Guillaume Kroll, 2920 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Соціальні мережі