- Role: EIOPA is the European supervisory authority for occupational pensions and insurance
- Chair: Petra Hielkema
- Executive Director: Fausto Parente
- Members: Representatives of national insurance and occupational pensions authorities
- Established in: 2011
- Number of staff: 200
- Location: Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
- Website: European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority
EIOPA is part of the European System of Financial Supervision. It is an independent body providing advice to the European Commission, the European Parliament and the Council of the European Union.
What it does
EIOPA is responsible for:
- helping keep the financial system stable
- ensuring markets and financial products are transparent
- helping protect insurance policyholders, pension scheme members and beneficiaries.
The European System of Financial Supervision comprises:
- European supervisory authorities
- national supervisory authorities
It links financial oversight at systemic and firm level. This leaves day-to-day supervision to the national authorities.
- increased transparency, simplicity, accessibility and fairness across the internal market for pensions and insurance
- consumer representatives can voice their opinions in EIOPA working groups.
- high-quality, efficient and consistent supervision of EU insurers and occupational pensions
- EIOPA helps identify, assess, mitigate and manage risks and threats to the financial stability of the insurance and occupational pensions sectors
- Industry representatives can voice their opinions in EIOPA working groups and stakeholder groups.
- European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority
- Електронна пошта
- Номер телефона
- +49 (0) 69 95 11 19 20
- Номер факсу
- +49 (0) 69 95 11 19 19
- Поштова адреса
- Westhafenplatz 1, 60327 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Соціальні мережі