On Europe Day 2020, the EU institutions paid tribute through numerous online activities to the many Europeans who, in a spirit of solidarity, are helping our Union get through the coronavirus crisis. You find here a heart-warming set of testimonials and 16 ways in which Europeans are fighting the coronavirus as well as updated information on the EU’s response to the coronavirus crisis. The European Commission Representations, European Parliament Liaison Offices and Delegations of the European Union marked Europe Day in the context of the COVID-19 crisis and partnered with local and national authorities to celebrate solidarity, EU values and European spirit.
9th May 2020 also marked the 70th anniversary of the Schuman declaration, the starting point of our journey towards the European Union. Robert Schuman’s life and work was defined by his passion to end war in Europe. Therefore, it was fitting that we also commemorated 75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War in Europe. Today we work together for a safer world.
- Live session with President Sassoli "The courage to act: Schuman’s lesson 70 years on"
- Live discussion on Europe’s common future with Vice-Presidents Othmar Karas and Katarina Barley
- Virtual visit of the Hemicycle
- Video message by all Heads of State or Government on what Europe means to them
- Testimonials of citizens who are doing their share in the fight against Covid-19
- Schuman declaration multimedia story
- Europe Day
- Coronavirus Global Response
- 16 ways in which Europeans are fighting the coronavirus - with the EU’s help
European External Action Service
European Economic and Social Committee
European Committee of the Regions