- Role: The EEA provides environmental information to policymakers and the public.
- Director: Hans Bruyninckx
- Partners: EU countries, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Turkey & Switzerland
- Established in: 1990
- Number of staff: 200
- Location: Copenhagen
- Website: European Environment Agency
The EEA is an EU agency tasked with providing sound, independent information on the environment. It operates as a major information source for those involved in developing, adopting, implementing and evaluating environmental policy, and also the general public.
What it does
EEA's mandate is to:
- help the EU and its member countries make informed decisions about improving the environment, integrating environmental considerations into economic policies and moving towards sustainability
- develop and coordinate Eionet, the network of national environmental bodies set up to help the agency
The EEA's main stakeholders are:
- European Commission, European Parliament, Council of the EU and other EU institutions
- governments in participating countries
- scientific & academic communities
- business organisations
- consultancies & think tanks.
One major audience is also the general public – the agency aims to help them gain a broader understanding of environmental and climate change issues.
- European Environment Agency
- Номер телефона
- +45 33 36 71 00
- Номер факсу
- +45 33 36 71 99
- Поштова адреса
- Kongens Nytorv 6, 1050 København K, Denmark
- Соціальні мережі