- Role: To promote innovation in EU countries
- Director: Martin Kern
- Established in: 2008
- Number of staff: 49
- Location: Budapest (Hungary)
- Website: EIT
The EIT helps businesses, educational and research bodies work together to create an environment conducive for innovation and entrepreneurship in Europe.
What it does
The EIT increases Europe's capacity to innovate, compete with foreign peers and so create jobs and wealth.
It brings together the 3 key players in innovation – business, education and research – to form dynamic, multi-country partnerships, known as Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs), which:
- develop innovative products & services
- start new companies
- train a new generation of entrepreneurs.
Working closely together in these partnerships, leading companies, universities and research centres create more effective and innovative solutions for Europe.
The EIT works with a wide range of innovation stakeholders, specifically:
- Public authorities (EU, national, regional and local)
- European Institute of Innovation and Technology
- Phone number
- +36 14 819 300
- Postal address
- Budapest, Infopark 1/E, Neumann Janos utca, 1117, Hungary