- Role: developing innovative technologies to cut aircraft emissions of CO2 & other gases & reduce noise
- Director: Eric Dautriat
- Partners: European Commission, the aeronautics industry (including SMEs), research centres, academia
- Established in: 2008
- Number of staff: 40
- Location: Brussels (Belgium)
- Website: Clean Sky 2 Joint Undertaking
Clean Sky 2 Joint Undertaking (CSJU) is a successful public-private partnership between the European Commission and the European aeronautics industry that is on the way to achieving its environmental performance targets. The 2nd phase, Clean Sky 2, will build on this success by:
- continuing to integrate breakthrough technologies in aircraft
- demonstrating innovative configurations in aircraft, enabling changes in environmental & economic performance.
What does CSJU do?
It helps protect the environment. Clean Sky 2 technologies will enable future aircraft to:
- cut fuel burn & related CO2 emissions by 20-30%
- cut noise levels (compared to 2014) by a similar amount.
It is also expected to significantly improve competitiveness and mobility in Europe.
- The public – thanks to less noise pollution and lower emissions, better mobility and improved industrial competitiveness in Europe.
- The economy - aeronautics is among the EU's most successful industries. Clean Sky will help secure a European labour force able to develop the cutting-edge technology necessary to remain on top of the market.
- Small & medium-sized businesses - growing numbers of such firms are entering innovation chains through Clean Sky calls for proposals. This opens up new opportunities for them and new potential supply chains for established industry players. Small and medium-sized businesses with a non-aerospace focus (e.g. with an automotive background) are also developing a keen interest in Clean Sky research opportunities.
- The scientific community & academia - Clean Sky offers ways of speeding up the introduction of technology into the ‘innovation cycle’. It gives industry and science a chance to jointly address challenges and priorities.
Clean Sky 2 Joint Undertaking
- Phone number
- +32 2 221 81 52
- Fax number
- +32 2 221 81 50
- Postal address
- Clean Sky 2 Joint Undertaking, White Atrium Building TO56 4th floor B, 1049 Bruxelles/Brussel, Belgium
- Social media