- Role: to provide analysis of foreign, security and defence policy issues
- Director: Gustav Lindstrom
- Set up: 2002
- Staff: 24
- Location: headquarters in Paris (France) with a liaison office in Brussels (Belgium)
- Website: EUISS
The European Union Institute for Security Studies (EUISS) is an EU agency that analyses foreign, security and defence policy issues.
What it does
The EUISS aims to:
- foster a common security culture in the EU
- help develop and project the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP)
- support the drafting and projection of EU foreign policy
- contribute to debate on security strategy inside and outside Europe.
Its core mission is to provide analysis and organise discussion forums to help formulate EU policy. In carrying out that mission, it also acts as an interface between European experts and decision makers at all levels.
As part of its mission, EUISS regularly produces publications on the topics and regions at the core of the EU's work.
Its events boost the EU's analytical capacity and help to shape common approaches. They bring together EU officials, national experts, academics, decision makers, media and civil society representatives from the EU member states, and the rest of the world.
- European Union Institute for Security Studies
- Phone number
- +33 1 56 89 19 30
- Fax number
- +33 1 56 89 19 31
- Postal address
- 100 avenue de Suffren, 75015 Paris, France
- Social media