- Role: provides evidence-based advice on fundamental rights
- Director: Michael O’Flaherty
- Established in: 2007
- Number of staff: 105
- Location: Vienna (Austria)
- Website: FRA
The EU Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) provides independent, evidence-based advice to EU and national decision makers, thereby helping to make debates, policies and legislation on fundamental rights better informed and targeted.
What it does
It advises EU institutions and national governments on fundamental rights, particularly in the areas of:
- access to justice
- racism & xenophobia
- data protection
- victims’ rights
- children's rights.
The Agency aims to help promote and protect fundamental rights more effectively across the EU. To do this, it consults and cooperates with its partners on:
- collecting & analysing information & data through socio-legal research
- providing assistance & expert advice
- communicating & raising awareness of rights.
FRA maintains ongoing cooperation with EU institutions and governments, providing them with independent expert advice and fundamental rights analysis. It has set up networks and established links with partners at all levels, so that its advice and research can reach decision makers in national governments and the EU.
FRA maintains particularly close working relations with:
- EU institutions, bodies & agencies
- EU national governments & parliaments
- the Council of Europe
- groups & organisations working on fundamental rights & the Fundamental Rights Platform
- national human rights bodies
- the UN, the OSCE & other international organisations.
- European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
- Номер телефона
- +43 1 580 30 0
- Номер факсу
- +43 1 580 30 699
- Поштова адреса
- Schwarzenbergplatz 11, 1040 WIEN, Austria
- Соціальні мережі