- Role: EFCA ensures that the EU’s common fisheries policy is applied properly
- Executive Director: Susan Steele
- Set up: 2005
- Staff: 73
- Location: Vigo (Spain)
- Website: European Fisheries Control Agency
What it does
EFCA's mission is to promote the highest common standards for control, inspection and surveillance under the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP). EFCA does this by coordinating the cooperation between national control and inspection activities.
EFCA also assists the Commission and EU Member States by providing training to EU Member State inspectors and trainers to ensure that the CFP rules are properly applied.
EFCA's added value lies in its contribution to a Europe-wide level playing field for the fishing industry so that European rules are respected by all and that all players involved in the fishing sector are treated equally, wherever they might be operating.
The CFP also contributes towards sustainable fisheries by improving compliance with existing conservation and management measures to the benefit of present and future generations.
- European Fisheries Control Agency
- Phone number
- +34 986 12 06 10
- Fax number
- +34 986 12 52 34
- Postal address
- Edificio Odriozola, Avenida García Barbón 4, 36201 Vigo Pontevedra, Spain
- Social media